Types of Doctors That Test for Allergies


What type of doctors do allergy testing?

You can get an allergy test from allergists, immunologists, ENTs, and primary care doctors. The best doctor to go to is one who will take the time to understand both your allergy test results and your allergy history to make sure they make sense together.

What Kind of Doctor Does Allergy Testing?

In general, there are three kinds of doctors that will do allergy testing. Allergists and immunologists will do allergy testing. ENTs will also do allergy testing. And primary care doctors will also do allergy testing.

How to Choose the Best Doctor for You?

All of them will focus on figuring out what triggers might be causing your symptoms. But the most important thing to think about is it's not about the testing, it's about figuring out which doctor will really understand how to take your test results and pair them with your symptoms, and make sure they make sense. Because the test is not what we treat, we ultimately treat the combination of the test and your symptoms, and we try to focus on what makes sense for you.

Identify Your Allergies With Wyndly

If you want to identify what you are allergic to and work with a doctor who will take the time to understand your allergy history and concerns, choose Wyndly. With our easy at-home allergy test kit, you only need a quick finger prick to take your test. Once you send your test back, our doctors will interpret your results and work with you to create a personalized treatment plan to get you long-term relief from your allergy symptoms. Order your test today to find out exactly what you’re allergic to!

Related Articles About Allergy Testing

Tips For Your Allergist Visit & Questions To Ask

What Kind of Doctor Should I See For Allergy Testing?

How Do You Interpret Your Allergy Skin Test Results?

How to Test for a Pollen Allergy

What Is an Allergy Blood Test

Best Type of Allergy Test

How Do At-Home Allergy Tests Work?

What You Need to Know About IgE Antibodies and Allergies

How Much Is an Allergy Test?

How Long Does Allergy Testing Take?

Which Doctors Do Allergy Testing?

When to See an Allergist: Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment

Does Allergy Testing Hurt?

Is Wyndly right for you?

Answer just a few questions and we'll help you find out.

Get Started Today