Why Am I Sneezing Quiz - Find Out Here
Can't figure out if you are sneezing because of allergies or something else?
Wyndly’s expert medical team uses this 2-minute questionnaire to help diagnose thousands of patients. Take this short assessment now to identify the cause of your symptoms and find the best treatment plans for relief!
Why Am I Sneezing?
When your throat or nasal mucous membranes become irritated, you sneeze. Various things can irritate these areas, including:
- Environmental Allergies: Sneezing is a common symptom of allergies from pollen, dust mites, mold, and pet dander.
- Environmental irritants: Environmental irritants such as strong scents, peppers, perfumes, and tobacco smoke can make people sneeze. Physical irritants like sunlight can also cause sneezing.
- Infections: Sneezing can also be a symptom of viral infections like the common cold and the flu. Other symptoms of an infection include coughing, congestion, and a runny nose.
- Dry or Cold Air: The neurological mechanism that causes sneezing starts with the physical stimulation of the extensive trigeminal nerve. The extensive trigeminal nerve reacts to chemical, mechanical, and tactile stimulation, as well as pain and temperature sensations.
What Are Common Allergy Symptoms?
Allergy symptoms can vary slightly depending on the severity of your allergies. While you might not experience every allergy symptom while experiencing an allergy reaction, the most common allergy symptoms include:
- Watery, itchy, or red eyes
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Fatigue or brain fog
- Scratchy throat or post-nasal drip
- Hives or rash
- Aggravated asthma symptoms
Take Our Allergy Assessment
If you have allergy symptoms and want to find long-term relief, choose Wyndly. Our doctors will create a personalized treatment plan using sublingual immunotherapy to retrain your immune system to stop reacting to your allergies.
Take our short online assessment now to get one step closer to a life without allergies!